Jewish calendar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jewish calendar

Post by Mrswildthing on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:46 pm

Not sure if this should be Bible Study or Devotional. Can anyone recommend anything that goes through the Jewish months? I want to know what each month represents, its festivals and its relevance for the Christian life.

Mrswildthing
Aslan Review Team
Aslan Review Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jewish calendar

Post by Aslan_Customer_Services on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:12 am

Hi Mrswildthing,

That's an interesting one for sure, and not a subject often written on within our suppliers.
I think our best recommendation to you is a series of books titled 'Celebrating the Jewish Year'.
They follow the season of the year so there are 3 parts; Spring and Summer (in one volume), Autumn (titled 'Fall' in this publication), and Winter.
The Celebrating the Jewish Year named a 2007 National Jewish Book Award Runner-Up in the category of Contemporary Jewish Life and Practice. Each book takes you through the joys, spirit, and meaning of the seasons blending in the origins and traditions of each holiday and bringing practical advice for how to bring those traditions into your day to day worship.
There is a rich collection of readings from many of the Jewish classic writers. The readings teach us about the history of each holiday, as well as its theological, ethical, agricultural, and seasonal importance and interpretation; others give inspiration and food for thought. These stories, essays, poems, anecdotes, and rituals help you discover how deeply Jewish traditions are rooted in nature's yearly cycle, and how beautifully season and spirit are woven together throughout the Jewish year.

However because they're so fully packed, they're in the same price bracket as reference texts. Each retails at £19.99 or the full set can be bought for £48.00.
It's not an item we have in stock so isn't on our website, but if you'd like them just give us a call on 01373 823451 and we'll get them on order for you.

In the mean time, we'll keep our ears to the ground for other titles that might suit your interests Smile

Aslan_Customer_Services

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrswildthing on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:24 am

They look the sort of thing that I am after but a bit beyond my budget.

I have also been recommended to read "A Time to Advance" by Chuck Pierce and David Wagner.

Mrswildthing
Aslan Review Team
Aslan Review Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum