Finding God in the Workplace - William Morris

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finding God in the Workplace - William Morris

Post by Aslan_HQ on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:08 am

'Where Is God At Work?' - William Morris

Your workplace may involve a tyrannical boss, or ghastly colleagues; tedious work; unforgiving hours; meagre pay, yet God can work in these situations. Our work context can be where we exercise responsibility, and behave ethically; where we can care for those in need - our fellow workers may be starving for respect, or kindness; where we can reach out to those trapped by debt, family commitments, or ambition. It is hard to hide at work: your colleagues probably know you well, and you can be a witness to Christ just by being who you are. This book is wonderfully thoughtful, positive and practical, and filled with observations and anecdotes from the author's own career in a demanding business world.

Read our full interview with author William Morris here:
http://www.aslanchristianbooks.co.uk/finding-god-in-the-workplace/

Aslan_HQ
Admin

View user profile http://www.aslanchristianbooks.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Finding God in the Workplace - William Morris

Post by LittleMissSunshine on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:23 am

Love this!
Definitely food for thought, isn't it...
Especially liked the opener at the start of the interview when Morris sets it out so simply:
if we believe in a God that made the whole world, not just Sundays, shouldn’t we be open to the possibility that he is actually interested in work – and in all aspects of the world of work?
I've never really thought about it like that.
I mean i know God's interested in our lives, our hearts, our relationship with Him, etc.... but that's all very 'me, me, me'.
I guess i've never really thought too deeply about where I work being a large part of God's plan for me and for others even though it's a large part of my day and my week. I think of and silently pray for my colleagues (when i remember... - lets be honest), but work mainly feels like a 'means to and ends' to pay the bills and something to get through until my free time where i'm able to serve at church or meet up with friends to pray...
How backwards is that?!!!!

So glad you shared this interview.
Major eye-opener on a Friday when i'm so relieved it's the weekend and i don't have to work!
Looks like i need a reality check!

LittleMissSunshine
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum