Love is in the air....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Love is in the air....

Post by Aslan_HQ on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:53 am

Seems like lots of you have got married or engaged over the weekend (or know someone who has!)
Love is definitely in the air!

Is there a book that taught you how to love well, or one that helped guide you through a tricky part in your marriage, or perhaps simply a book that just means a lot to you and your partner...

To kick off this week with something fun, we're asking you what your top reads are when it comes to marriage, love, and relationships?
Aslan_HQ
Admin

View user profile http://www.aslanchristianbooks.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Love is in the air....

Post by LittleMissSunshine on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Well, as a 'singleton' i can't really comment on books that have impacted my marriage or relationships. But there is a book that's helped with learning to approach everything with love regardless of circumstance, and i've no doubt the lessons in it will have extra meaning as and when i find 'the one'. But for generally approaching relationships in life with an open, loving, and Christ-like heart i'd really recommend 'Keep Your Love On' by Danny Silk.
Someone else mentioned it on this forum before:
http://aslanchristianbooks.forumotion.co.uk/t42-keep-your-love-on-danny-lee-silk
It's an amazing resource for teaching how to recognise areas of difficulty in relationships and how to help heal them and create a culture around you based on your approach to others.

The blurb says this:
Danny Silk wrote:Keeping your love on. It's a hard thing to do. Sometimes it's the hardest thing to do. But if you want to build healthy relationships with God and others, learning to keep your love on is non negotiable. Adults and children alike thrive in healthy relationships where it is safe to love and be loved, to know and be known. Yet for many, relationships are anything but safe, loving, or intimate. They are defined by anxiety, manipulation, control, and conflict. The reason is that most people have never been trained to be powerful enough to keep their love on in the face of mistakes, pain, and fear. Keep Your Love On reveals the higher, Jesus focused standard defined by mature love love that stays on no matter what. Danny Silk's practical examples and poignant stories will leave you with the power to draw healthy boundaries, communicate in love and ultimately protect your connections so you can love against all odds. As a result, your relationships will be radically transformed for eternity. When you learn to keep your love on, you become like Jesus.

I'd honestly recommend this book to anyone and everyone!

LittleMissSunshine
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leona123 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:11 pm

'The Four Loves' by C.S. Lewis has to be on the list doesn't it.
Classic Christian literature and a great example of laying out the different kinds of love we approach relationships with, and a deeper exploration of each.
Funnily enough I was at a wedding this weekend and they had a section from this as one of their readings Razz
Leona123
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum