The Shack - Paul Young

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Shack - Paul Young

Post by MarkT on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:26 am

You can't have a set of reviews of life changing Christian books without giving The Shack a mention!

The Shack is this book about a grieving dad who goes back to the place where he lost his daughter and meets with God there in a way that's quite weird but also makes the book unputdownable (that'd def a word, right!)
Basically he gets really confused and then offloads at God with all the questions and doubts he has about life, faith and suffering. The book basically deals with all the 'but why?' questions people have when the storms of life hit big time. But because the author looks at it from a fictional point of view it doesnt feel like you're being preached at, but journeying the stuff through with Mack as he wrestles with it all.

It's crazy how popular the book's been, both with Christians and in general. I bet you could walk into Waterstones or somewhere right now and there'd be copies on the shelves.

Def worth a read, folks! Like seriously, it'll change your life.

MarkT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shack - Paul Young

Post by Aslan_HQ on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:06 am

The Shack is a great book!
We don't know what the official number is, but varying sources have it as having sold 20-25 million copies worldwide! And filming for The Shack in movie form started this month.

William Paul Young has written 2 other fiction books; Cross Roads about a multi-millionaire who's trapped in a coma and finds himself in a surreal world that reflects the skewed priorities of his life on earth, and where he meets a stranger who turns out to be Jesus and a grandmother who is the Holy Spirit.
And 'Eve' which is due to publish around 22nd September 2015. The blurb describes it as follows; 'When a shipping container washes ashore on an island between our world and the next, John the Collector finds a young woman inside—broken, frozen, and barely alive. With the aid of Healers and Scholars, John oversees her recovery and soon discovers her genetic code connects her to every known human race. She is a girl of prophecy and no one can guess what her survival will mean...'

All quite exciting stuff!
Aslan_HQ
Admin

View user profile http://www.aslanchristianbooks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aslan_HQ on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:17 am

Mark, we've going to move this thread into the main Fiction section of the forum (don't worry, your post still counts to the youth Bible competition!)  so for all our members to join in the conversation since it's such a popular title across the scale Smile
Aslan_HQ
Admin

View user profile http://www.aslanchristianbooks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissSunshine on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:13 am

Haven't actually read The Shack... does that make me a bad Christian? ;-)

LittleMissSunshine
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amys Auntie on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Not at all Holly313 but it is worth taking the time to read it if you want to. I was a bit sceptical at first because I find anything with a huge media hype behind it is usually not up to all that effort but this one is the reverse.
Amys Auntie
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suesconsideredt on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:55 am

I read The Shack several years ago. My thoughts some time later are here

suesconsideredt
Emerging Reader
Emerging Reader

View user profile