Spoken For: Embracing Who You Are and Whose You Are - Robin Jones Gunn and Alyssa Joy Bethke

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spoken For: Embracing Who You Are and Whose You Are - Robin Jones Gunn and Alyssa Joy Bethke

Post by Rozzy96 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Spoken for is a book that I can honestly say has really helped me. The book is one that will really speak to your heart. It will tell you all about what it's like to truly belong to Christ. It will tell you all about who you are because of His love, and how that affects the way you live. It draws on Biblical promises and illustrates them with their personal experiences. The two authors tell us all about what it’s like to live out God’s unfolding love story.

This book shows you how the Bible really is a romance story. It tells you how d is a relentless Lover who is pursuing you, something that really spoke to me. At this age where are peers are getting boyfriends this book will encourage you to not worry about boys and if we will ever find a boyfriend. It tells us that God is the only person that we need to love us. He wants us to be His forever.

This book is also great for group studies. The questions they ask will get you thinking and are great for discussions. You can also use them for personal reflection after you have read each chapter. Something I found really helpful.

I would definitely recommend this book to any young women.
Rozzy96
Aslan Review Team
Aslan Review Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spoken For: Embracing Who You Are and Whose You Are - Robin Jones Gunn and Alyssa Joy Bethke

Post by Aslan_HQ on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:42 am

We've not read 'Spoken For' yet but it looks like an amazing resource for young women who are starting to explore their identities and worth.
What a wonderful looking book, and a brilliant review! Thanks, for sharing this with us, Rozzy!

Robin Jones Gunn has written over 80 books, mainly young adult Christian fiction, but also a few fiction titles for adults. This is one of her non-fiction titles. And she also has some free resources for it on her website too like this printable placecard to remind you of what God says about you!
So great to see husband and wife teams working across all forms of media too. Alyssa's husband is Jefferson Bethke, the man behind the 'Why I Hate Religion But Love Jesus' spoke word piece on Youtube that went viral and has been seen nearly 30million times!
Did you know Aylssa, Jeff and their daughter Kinsley also have a dog called Aslan Wink

Last edited by Aslan_HQ on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Aslan_HQ
Admin

View user profile http://www.aslanchristianbooks.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Spoken For: Embracing Who You Are and Whose You Are - Robin Jones Gunn and Alyssa Joy Bethke

Post by Leona123 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:12 am

Oooooo
I've read 'Victim of Grace' by Robin Jones Gunn, and that was really good. It was all about women of the Bible, and how life doesn't just 'happen' to us, but that we have an active and powerful role. So when things go wrong or our dreams don't turn out the way we'd hoped we aren't victims of life but victims of the Grace and Love of God - our plans and lives aren't going wrong, but beginning to be weaved into the plan God has for us that is bigger than we can imagine.
Liked that one so much that 'Spoken For' sounds like a must read!
Leona123
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozzy96 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:36 am

It really is! It has helped me so much! I love it.
Rozzy96
Aslan Review Team
Aslan Review Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum