'Halflings' - Heather Burch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Halflings' - Heather Burch

Post by Leona123 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:05 pm

I got recommended this book by a friend when we were discussing the Twilight fever that swept the world, and why there weren't many Christian authors who write fantasy titles to offset the not so Christian influences in popular culture.
Although it's not about vampires, this book follows the same kind of storyline of star-crossed lovers, and young characters falling for the person they're not meant to fall for.
It's about a teenager called Nikki who comes under the guardianship of 3 young guys ('Halflings') who are half-human half-angel when she's targeted by an evil force. The Halflings keep her protected... all except for her heart which quickly becomes overwhelmed by them. As the mysteries behind the Halflings' powers and battles with the evils around her unfold, Nikki faces many choices that not only affect her life and the world around her, but also the future of the Halflings and the spiritual world they're part of.

I wasn't really 100% i'd like it when i started, but it seemed like a quick read and style i'd not really read before so i figured 'why not!'.
Although the plot is a bit far-fetched and confusing at time, it ended up being such an action packed read that you kind of forget the surreal nature of it and get sucked into this world where the spiritual forces of life are out in the open and glaringly clear.
And amid all of the action it's the perfect teen romance novel too because as each of the Halflings embody some of the standard teenage boy characteristics; the caring one, the cool one, and the adventurous one. So not only does Nikki have to choose the path of her life and start gaining understanding of consequences and spiritual forces, but she also starts to explore what she wants out of love and in her future.

If you fancy something a bit different, i'd definitely recommend giving this one a try!

Leona123
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Halflings' - Heather Burch

Post by Aslan_HQ on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Great review, Leona!

The Halflings series has been a steady popular title online in our Youth category over the years.
And you're right; it's certainly something different to the main bulk of Christian fiction available for young adults, and very action packed for a romance title too!
For those of you who haven't read the series yet, Book 1 is currently on sale on our website for £3.99, so well worth a try Smile

View 'The Halflings' series here!

Aslan_HQ
Admin

View user profile http://www.aslanchristianbooks.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum