What to read next?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What to read next?

Post by Amys Auntie on Wed May 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Many projects on the go and also what to read next? Question Will it be fiction or non-fiction? Will it be Christian or secular? So many books so little time. I'm so thankful for the written word; books give us so much. Just getting lost in the depths of a book is such a blessing when so many around the world are deprived of so much.

Ok, I'm rambling here a bit but the appreciation of books (digital or otherwise) never seems to diminish.

I read yesterday that real, printed books and digital versions have now got to a half way point of neither out selling the other so it's looking like both will have their place side by side for the foreseeable future. Digital for travel purposes was prominent but most do prefer the paper version as you have something tangible for your money. A bit like when you buy music; a CD as opposed to a download is preferable because should something go wrong you still have the music. I remember and still have vinyl LPs & singles which always gave you a certain amount of pleasure buying because of having something in your hand after a purchase!!
Amys Auntie
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to read next?

Post by ILoveLions on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:31 pm

I definitely believe art and illustrations have less beauty and atmosphere when presented as virtual. You don't get the same impact as standing in a room with pixels unless they are presented as a piece of film or media.

Who remembers having their favourite piece of music on coloured vinyl. Or an interactive record cover with sleeve notes and spinning discs and innovatively constructed packaging. A book with postcards and posters. I personally prefer gifts with as many dimensions as possible. Can you find poetry in a pixel?

ILoveLions
Emerging Reader
Emerging Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum