May Day Bank Holiday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

May Day Bank Holiday

Post by Amys Auntie on Fri May 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi Everyone, just popped on here to wish everyone a good weekend. What ever you are doing I pray you will be blessed.
We have the Sweeps Festival in Rochester over the 3 days. Although its background has pagan origins it brings a huge number of people into the area to enjoy the atmosphere and there is plenty for families to do together. As the cathedral is in the town centre there is a huge Christian influence to smother any pagan influences that may abound. The festival does give a chance to photographers to extend their skills and everyone to spend their money in the many eateries.
Meanwhile, what are you all reading this weekend?
I've got a pile of fiction to get through and a number of Christian & non-Christian on my e-reader to start. Not sure what to go for next but I always find that any Christian book I read is often one I'm lead to as God has something to teach me from the narrative/study/story. I must also catch up on the part read magazines I have neglected in recent weeks.
Amys Auntie
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May Day Bank Holiday

Post by Aslan_HQ on Fri May 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks for this.
The team here are all looking forward to a well earned break to rest, and more importantly; catch up on some great books! What are 3-day weekends for if not to get comfy with a good book?!

Have a great break.

We're here until 6pm today, and then back bright and early at 8:30am on Tuesday morning Smile
Aslan_HQ
Admin

View user profile http://www.aslanchristianbooks.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum