TV Programmes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TV Programmes

Post by Amys Auntie on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:43 pm

I recently caught part sections of a US series called Sue Thomas FB Eye.  It seems a few series were made about 12ish years ago and is being shown on the ALIBI channel.  Each time I've caught the ending there is a definite reference to God and His working in the lives of whoever she is talking to. I'm an avid watcher of Murdoch Mysteries and each time Murdoch in confronted with a murder victim he crosses himself.  It is also known that the character of Murdoch is a Catholic who is a regular worshipper at his local church.
Roma Downey, she of Touched by an Angel many years ago, produces films & programmes that are unashamedly faith based. I was wondering if anyone else has spotted unashamed Christian faith being played out in any recent drama series.

Amys Auntie
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TV Programmes

Post by Mrswildthing on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Nothing recently. When my kids were little 20+ years ago we my husband and I loved a series on BBC called "McGee and Me". It was part of their normal children's programming and spot on spiritually/Biblically.

Mrswildthing
Aslan Review Team
Aslan Review Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amys Auntie on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:51 pm

I saw part of a film this afternoon which I think was a little silly and a bit of a chick flick but the South US township were using their prayer chain contact for some match making between the two main characters. Not sure I'd want to watch it right the way through but the production year was 2013 so not as older film.

Amys Auntie
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrswildthing on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:59 pm

This has made me realise how little we watch that isn't documentary! Control of the remote is mostly claimed by the men in the household! There are no dramas that my husband and I watch together so it is all Discovery/History/Science!

Mrswildthing
Aslan Review Team
Aslan Review Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amys Auntie on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:46 pm

We watch some of those as well, however, my DH is not a Christian but is accepting of church and God in me. He has to put up with me going off to meetings and services as well as some community outreach things so he is very aware of God and Christ in many aspects of our life together. He does ask questions occasionally and is very accepting of most depictions of Christianity in programmes as I've mentioned. It did take a lot of prayer over a number of years for him to be so accommodating; I'm very fortunate. Very Happy

Amys Auntie
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum