Hi from Amy's Auntie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from Amy's Auntie

Post by Amys Auntie on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Hello brothers & sisters. I discovered this site via facebook; such a great way share opinions and thoughts on books read and those we have on the 'pile of the great unread'. Mine becomes larger by the day not only in paper but electronically as well. The electronic ones are mostly freebies as I prefer to buy paper when it is right to do so.
My DH & I have been married for nearly 40 years although we have no children. I recently gave up work prior to retirement to prepare for an impending family care situation, catch up on various craft projects and to endeavour to make inroads into the books still to be read. I was a librarian and have also worked in retail and civil engineering covering about 45 years.
As time has gone on I've discovered that the arts in all its facets has given me new interests; so my interest in music and art and reading has become very eclectic. I have some lovely friends of other faiths and we all accept & respect each other; it helps at times when I don't understand something and they are very willing to give answers as I am with them.
At present I'm reading a book on the women at the cross which is very appropriate at this time of year.
Amys Auntie
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Amy's Auntie

Post by Aslan_HQ on Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:19 pm

'The Pile of the Great Unread' - what a great name for it! Pretty sure we all have one (or several!) of those!

Welcome to the forum!
Hopefully it'll be a great source of community and entertainment for you as you ease into early retirement.

Look forward to chatting with you!
Aslan_HQ
Admin

View user profile http://www.aslanchristianbooks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amys Auntie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Thank you.  Yes, 'Pile of the Great Unread' should be plural but I try not to dwell on that too much!!
Retirement is very busy; I was warned but I am enjoying it so far as I catch up with friends not seen for some time, endeavour to complete craft projects and make plans for the future.  I'm also learning the art of the post-luncheon snooze which can creep up on you if you're not doing something that entails moving around!! Sleep
Amys Auntie
Early Reader
Early Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum