Reflections on 'Mission Shaped Youth'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reflections on 'Mission Shaped Youth'

Post by abbie on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:04 am

I have read many books on youth ministry and after reading this one (Mission Shaped Youth) a few months back it is now one of my favourite! My favourite thing about the book is that it takes the approach of developing ministry for each different group of young people in our own sphere rather than choosing a model and applying it to them. It explains the changes in culture over time and what this means for youth ministry. It gives seven values of mission-shaped youth ministry that can help us to relate to young people in today's culture and share our faith with them in relevant ways. It also uses case studies of various styles of youth ministry including that in schools, church and engaging young people through prayer and worship. I have found this book to be very useful in my work as a youth leader with young people both in and outside of the church. It is both helpful in understanding how to approach youth ministry and also practical in ways to effectively do this. Youth ministry today can often a challenge and so it is good to find a book written by people who acknowledge this and have experience to share about what works. A great read and definitely recommend!! Very Happy

abbie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reflections on 'Mission Shaped Youth'

Post by Aslan_HQ on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Great review.
'Mission Shaped Youth' was really popular when it was first published, and several years later is still such a relevant book because the need to explore different ways of approaching youth work in a way that focuses on youngsters for who they are rather than the model a church has decided to use as a blanket approach is a need that never goes away.
Glad to hear it's had such a positive impact on you personally and in ministry too Smile
Aslan_HQ
Admin

View user profile http://www.aslanchristianbooks.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum